| Anke (encarsia) | Also available in: Deutsch
Knights of Ni - little release on the prairie
The GTK+ desktop client for static website generator Nikola has made some progress since mentioned last time here.
Nikola v8 will soon be released in June. I saved the current development status as a release because I cannot estimate how much effort I have to put into to make it ready for v8.
- The submenu moved to the right side; on the left there is the GUI/teminal StackSwitcher; new: button that opens the Nikola handbook.
- More deployment options
- GitLab: use the "Deploy to GitHub" button, for help on configuration see this example Nikola site using GitLab.
- Other: if there is DEPLOY_COMMANDS variable set in your conf.py the "Deploy" button will execute the 'default' preset.
- NoN now runs as a GtkApplication.
- Desktop entry
- Open post/page in browser
- Right click on an article to open it in the default webbrowser.
- Bits and pieces
- Bugfixes, improved logging, Python code is now conform to PEP8 (says pycodestyle).